John R. Kretzschmar
Throughout a career as a plastics salesman, founder and president of the blown film manufacturing company, and an industry consultant, John Kretzschmar found time to devote to extensive service in many of the industry’s institutions and organizations.
His career started with Spencer Chemical in Kansas City, for its new Industrial Plastics Products division, and continued with Rexall Drug & Chemical, later Rexene Polymers. He founded Blako Industries, Dumbridge, OH, in 1970 and grew it to two extrusion lines to eight before retiring in 1996.
Leadership roles in industry associations are a priority for Kretzschmar as seen in these highlights:
- President, Society of Plastics Engineers
- President, Plastic Pioneers Association
- Chairman, the Plastics Academy
- Director, Society of the Plastics Industry
- Director, National Plastics Center & Museum
- Director, SPE Foundation
- Instrumental in launching the Ohio Plastics Summit